ownCloud Synced File Storage
Did you know that iWebz Shared Hosting plans let you setup your own private synced storage system just like Dropbox for your group of employees, friends or family members?
Now let them Access, Sync & Share data from their computers or mobile devices using ownCloud.
ownCloud on iWebz Shared Hosting
All our Shared Hosting plans provide for UNLIMITED storage & bandwidth, so all you need is a Shared Hosting account with us. Only ensure that the content of files stored are within our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you already have a Shared Hosting account with us, before you setup ownCloud via the Web Installer PHP script, make sure you have PHP 5.3 or above enabled, and allow Outgoing Connections via the Advanced tab in the Control Panel.
With the PHP web installer script, ownCloud automatically creates everything you need, so you don’t need any special skills to get it set up. If you have multiple users who will access ownCloud, it’s recommended that you do not use SQLite, but use an existing or manually created MySQL database.
- Download and save the Web Installer PHP script to your computer.
- Upload the setup-owncloud.php file to your web space using the File Manager, or an FTP app or an FTP client browser extension.
- Enter the URL of the setup file into your web browser. It should something like
- Follow the basic onscreen instructions to install ownCloud. After a couple of minutes it’ll redirect you to the login page.
- Each user is presented with Desktop & Mobile client download options after logging into their web-based interface.
If you face any issues with setting up ownCloud on your iWebz Shared Hosting account, write in to us via this form